Follow

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Flawless Summer Skin.

Everyone wants that flawless "I'm not wearing any makeup" look for summer (well, probably year round!) but finding the perfect products to achieve it is not always as simple as it seems. I literally have been using the same products all summer to achieve what I like to call the glowey, poreless, flawless face, all while not wearing ten layers of foundation and taking six hours. Challenge accepted, and here are my minimalistic products (realistically not) and hopefully my glowy but shine free flawless summer face. Enjoy :)



Using my favourite products you could still see my freckles and my actual skin. I do have combination skin and have a very oily t-zone, however I have been lusting after that glowey (but not oily) skin. It took a lot of trial and error but fingers crossed I've got it. So if you have oily skin please give these a shot and hopefully they will work for you! Remember when controlling your oily skin, your skincare should be doing all the work for you. I've added clickable links to the end of the blog to the stores where these products are sold, they will however be links for stores in Ireland.

This face makeup is still ideal for wearing out at night or to a more dressy occasion. Just up your eye makeup, add some lashes and a stronger lipstick and your done :)




I always start out with either washing or cleansing my face, it just helps remove whatever oil or dirt is on there and gives you a clean base. To be honest I'm not loyal to any face wash but my one and only cleanser is the Garnier Micellar Water. Then I apply my Estee Lauder Idealist serum which is amazing for helping anyone suffering from enlarged pores. Then just put a pea sized amount of MAC's Strobe Cream all over your face, focusing on your cheeks and forehead. I then rub the excess on my t-zone. For foundation I mix the Loreal True Match foundation with the Garnier BB Cream. I go about half and half and then apply it to my whole face.




I then like to add a soft concealer to highlight but also conceal parts of my face. I used the Loreal Lumi Magique highlighting pen under my eyes, around my nose and on my chin. I then applied my MAC Dervish lipliner and dabbed a small amount of my Estee Lauder lipstick in Intense Nude for a softer look. Sometimes I add my lipstick before finishing my face, why? I have no idea. You can also add some of this concealer around your lips just to make them pop a little more. If you have any blemishes on your skin you'll probably want to use a higher coverage concealer.




Next I fill in my brows with MAC's gel liner in Dipdown and I also use their brow gel in Quiet Brunette. With these products less is more. Once you add too much product its really hard to remove without smudging it everywhere, you want them to look like they are naturally yours and not painted on! For mascara Im in love with the combination of Estee Lauders Little Black Primer and Sumptuous Infinite. It gives a beautiful doll eye look without looking clumpy. Plus they dont smudge or flake, LOVE.




I love the Chanel Bronze Universal. Brows do frame your face so I prefer to do my brows first. I use a pointed Real Techniques contour brush to apply these to my temples, the sides of my nose, my jawline, my chin and most importantly to the contours of my cheeks. Then set all of this with MAC's Give Me Sun MSF, Ive only started to use this MSF recently but its beautiful! Its not matte but its not shimmery, its just got a beautiful natural sun kissed glow. I put this overtop where I put the Chanel bronzer and then I dust it down my neck & chest and blend a little into the crease of my eyes.



Last but definitely not least I use MAC's Melba blush. Its a matte peach shade, I prefer non shimmery blushes if I'm going to be using a highlighter. I like to apply it to my cheek bone area, I have a round face so adding it to the apples of my cheeks is just not a good look. Then I use my all time favourite highlighter which is MAC's Soft and Gentle. It extremely versatile and flatters so many skin tones. I add it to my cheekbone, below my brow bone, the inner corner of my eye and to my cupids bow. A fan brush will be your best friend when applying highlighters, and remember not to be too heavy handed.



"A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear" - Marilyn Monroe

Lauren x



Where to find products mentioned:

Brown Thomas - MAC & Chanel
Debenhams - Chanel & Estee Lauder
Boots - Garnier, Loreal & Estee Lauder














2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! were totally in the same position having just started blogging and I love your blog so far! <3

    http://beaandfox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much <3 I will definitely be checking out your blog!

      Delete