Follow

Saturday 8 August 2015

Tattoos and Piercings.


So I decided to do a sort of tag post about my tattoos and piercings. I'm not going to follow any set questions I'm just going to talk to you about what I have. I'm so nosy and love reading more personal posts about bloggers lives, I especially LOVE tattoo and piercing posts/ videos.

I feel like tattoos are like permanent accessories (and piercings to some extent) and some people have the most beautiful art on their bodies. They people feel as beautiful as applying makeup every morning does for some. I understand tattoos and piercing are not for everyone so if you don't like them feel free to read my other beauty related posts :)



Piercings:
My piercings are very minimal. As I'm writing this I've just remembered I don't have a picture of my bellybutton piercing included (oops) but its pretty self explanatory. I have my lobes pierced but to be honest I rarely wear earrings in them.

I have my tragus pierced for about three years now and I absolutely love it! I'm not going to lie it hurt so badly when I got it pierced, my jaw for some reason ached for so long afterwards. However it healed super quickly. I know a lot of people have had issues with this piercing rejecting but I haven't thank god! I change the jewellery occasionally but right now its just a plain silver labret stud. My second ear piercing is my forward helix. I had my helix pierced before with a gun but it rejected, so about two months ago I got this piercing done. It still hasn't healed but I found it wasn't a painful piercing at all! I got all of my piercings now done with a needle. (left: forward helix, right: tragus)





Tattoos: 
Generally peoples tattoos have a personal meaning to them, that's why my blood boils when people post rude comments about other peoples bodies! That aside I have four tattoos in total. I had my first at 19 and I am now 21 years old. All of them are in black and all the pictures I'm posting are from my instagram (@laurenaudreyc) hence all the different lighting, colours, editing etc.

My first tattoo was on my ribs on my left hand side. It has a heart, an ECG symbol and the word Faith. I did see this tattoo on tumblr but it fit the meaning I wanted so perfectly. The heart stands for good times in your life, the ECG symbol stands for bad times and the word faith is at the end. So the heart is for the good times in life. The ECG is for the bad times, when I was 11 I went into respiratory arrest, was  paralysed and unable breathe but I remained conscious. Without going into too much detail it was post minor surgery and a life changing moment, and I have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety since. The word Faith is in my Mums handwriting.  The poem "Doubt sees the obstacles faith sees the way" talks basically about how even bad times in life can become good times if you have faith in yourself and others.



Next I got the infinity symbol on my left inner wrist. Its really small but I love it. I got it with my best friend since childhood and it means forever. I then got a tattoo on my right forearm on the side. Its an arrow and I got it when I went to Australia on holiday last Christmas. If you click here you will see the paragraph on have written on Instagram explaining this ones meaning. The only problem with this placement is unless my arm is down perfectly straight the position of it always moves and it can look crooked.


 



My most recent tattoo is a quote on my left inner foot, it says "Somewhere over the rainbow". When I was younger I would ask where my grandparents had gone after they passed away and my Mum used to say they were somewhere over the rainbow. A very close family member of mine passed away very suddenly this year and at her mass they played this song. So this tattoo has so much meaning behind it and I absolutely love it. Excuse the picture but taking a pretty picture of a foot isn't the easiest thing to do!






I would absolutely love if you would share with me tattoos that you already have or would like to get. Also please leave a link to your tattoo blog post if you have one because I would love to read it <3




"Tattoos.. are the stories in your heart, written on your skin" - Charles De Lint




Lauren x

2 comments:

  1. I love your tattoos they have such great meanings! I would like to get 3 stars on my ankle because they have a story which has to do with my mum and alot more but i still have time to think if i really want them haha.

    Stay fabulous x
    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3 That sounds beautiful! I love my tattoos even more because they have special meanings. Lauren x

      Delete