Follow

Saturday 15 August 2015

Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette, First Impression.



This morning I picked up the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette, god that name is a mouthful. As some of you may know Too Faced Cosmetics has just launched in Ireland in the last few weeks *rejoice*. Although its only a tiny cardboard stand in the middle of  Debenhams cosmetic halls it has caused quite a stir. Now the amount of products in store is quite limited but there are waaay more products available online at debenhams.ie. I was going in to buy the original chocolate bar palette but when I spotted the three Semi Sweet palettes to the back of the stand I honestly had palpitations. Too Faced has been so raved about so much online in the Blogging and YouTube communities so when I heard they were coming here I was super excited, but also expecting a lot from their products. So I rushed home and put it straight on my face just so I could do a first impression!








I love the pancaking of this product, its quite similar to Naked 3. This is product does contain Cocoa in its ingredients and oh my god it smells delicious. I'm also really impressed with the pan size of the shadows because they are really big, and the large highlight shades are an amazing idea. I also love the colour names! So my first impression appearance wise was that I loved it, and its the first eyeshadow palette I own that smells like it is edible.

In terms of the application the shadows are so smooth and buttery while not compromising on the pigmentation at all. You really could create so many different looks for day and night. I also liked the diversity of cool and warm toned shades. I did use a primer when applying these shades and that was MAC's Painterly Paintpot. The shadows all blended beautifully and I really didn't need to build up the colour too much because of how pigmented they were. I bought the palette for €47 ($52) at Debenhams which is right around the price of the Urban Decay Naked palettes.







The shades I used from the palette were Licorice, Coconut Creme, Truffled, Peanut Butter, Blueberry Swirl, Mousse, Caramel and Butter Pecan. So I feel for a first impression I really got to use a good variety of the shadows in this look. The standout colours for me were Peanut Butter, Blueberry Swirl and Caramel. This was mainly because I don't have many if any shades like these in my collection. I'm so impressed with this palette and I will DEFINITELY be picking up the original palette (and of course all the melted lipsticks ;) So if you haven't already got this, you need it.



Just in-case you were wondering I'm wearing Rimmel's Tiramisu lip liner and MAC Hue lipstick. My brows do need to be tamed but I'm wearing MAC's Dipdown gel liner in them. Foundation is L'Oreal true match and I'm wearing the Kiss Lashes in Diva 02. If you haven't tried these lashes you really should. I'm usually an Ardell Demi Wispie girl but at €7+ a pop they aren't always realistic to be wearing. These have the clear band I love and cost only €3.50. I got mine in Penneys (Primark).








I would love to know what Too Faced products you think I should purchase next? I'm so excited to buy more products from this brand and I'd really love to hear all your recommendations!




"Honey if your going to be two faced, at least make one of them pretty" - Marilyn Monroe



Lauren x



No comments:

Post a Comment